Mold growth, which often looks like spots, can be many different colors, and can smell musty. If you can see or smell mold, a health risk may be present. You do not need to know the type of mold growing in your home, and CDC does not recommend or perform routine sampling for molds. No matter what type of mold is present, you should remove it.
Exposure to damp and moldy environments may cause a variety of health effects, or none at all. Some people are sensitive to molds. For these people, molds can cause nasal stuffiness, throat irritation, coughing or wheezing, eye irritation, or, in some cases, skin irritation. People with mold allergies may have more severe reactions.
With the Flint Water crisis bringing lead poisoning into the spotlight and garnering national attention, many people are left wondering what steps they can take to help ensure their families well being. While some elements may seem uncontrollable, there are steps you can take to create a lead safe home for your little one.